The following is a list of common eye conditions. For information about cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy please see Eye Diseases.
- Commonly called "lazy eye", amblyopia can be treated successfully if detected early enough in childhood.
- Often mistakenly called “stigmatism,” this common vision problem can be corrected with eyeglasses, contact lenses or refractive surgery.
- Red, swollen eyelids and crusty debris at the base of your eyelashes are signs you may have blepharitis.
- AIDS or other diseases that affect your immune system can increase your risk of serious eye problems from cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection.
- People with serious vision problems from an eye injury or disease affecting the front surface of the eye can often regain vision with a cornea transplant.
- Dry eye syndrome is a common condition, especially in women over age 40. Many treatment options are available.
- Are you bothered by red, itchy eyes? You may have allergies.
- “Floaters” are usually normal and harmless. But if you notice a sudden increase in floaters or floaters accompanied by flashes of light, see your eye doctor immediately.
- Also called farsightedness, hyperopia is a common vision problem that can cause headaches, eyestrain and trouble reading.
- This eye disease causes the cornea to grow thinner and bulge forward in an irregular cone-shape. Treatment options range from gas permeable contact lenses to a cornea transplant.
- Also called nearsightedness, myopia is a very common vision problem, affecting up to one-third of the U.S. population.
- You’ve heard of high blood pressure, but what about high eye pressure?
- This acute and contagious form of conjunctivitis is particularly common among preschoolers and school-age children.
- These inherited disorders, commonly abbreviated as RP, cause progressive peripheral vision loss, night blindness and central vision loss.
- This common problem is simply an infected lid gland. Learn how to prevent and treat styes.
Evening by appointment for Vision Therapy sessions